Data Scientist Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious manager with experience in data science technologies to manage team of up to 5 analysts. We offer excellent opportunities for professional and personal development, interesting work, and support in seizing the opportunities that we provide.
• Provide thought leadership for business issues facing moderate degrees of complexity.
• Manage team of up to 5 analysts.
• Become recognized as a subject matter expert on data driven insights within the Predictive Analytics.
• Generate hypotheses, drawing from a broad range of sources and functions.
• Test and validate hypotheses to generate data driven insights that can deliver improved business results.
As a Team Leader your main responsibilities will
• Supervise a team of specialists in own area, allocating work, contributing to employee selection and providing coaching and guidance as necessary.
• Develop & implement risk selection and pricing for product or product segments; develop other risk selection models for the enterprise (e.g. Underwriting, Marketing).
• Support preparation of internal/external, structured/unstructured data sets to build/rebuild/refresh predictive models.
• Communicate models to audiences outside of analytical department; coordinate with business leads to develop understanding, engagement, and branding.
• Continuously deepen knowledge of insurance industry practices across multiple disciplines.
• Generate data driven insights and outline deployment path for appropriate impact.
• Drive the research and recommended solutions to complex business issues and make recommendations on model inputs.
• Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships throughout the organization
• Formulate model data requirements and specifications to ensure business initiatives are based on sound analysis of potential benefits and risks.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on predictive models within own group and with business users; consult with the business, as appropriate, on predictive modeling solutions to ensure that the solution is appropriate to the needs of the business.
• May identify and structure complex business challenges/opportunities for model development, data sourcing, hypothesis generation and testing to support the analytical capabilities of the function.
• Help to drive the model development process and strategy.
Your Skills and Experience
• University education (Master's degree) in Financial mathematics, Actuarial science, Statistics, Quantitative methods, Computer Science or similar.
• English language – Expert (C1 or better), spoken and written.
• Technical experience in analytics, data management or similar. Experience in Insurance industry is an advantage.